PFLITSCH ProTect corrugated conduit system for cable protection
The new corrugated conduit system combines quality, safety and ease of assembly
PFLITSCH ProTect is a perfectly coordinated cable protection system. The flexible corrugated conduits and fittings made of high-quality polyamide aim to cover the widest possible range of applications. The main assortment includes six types of corrugated conduit, each of them available in coarse and fine profile variants.
Corrugated conduits – product properties at a glance:
- Designed to satisfy the high demands of mechanical and plant engineering, automation and robotics, the automotive industry, shipbuilding and railway engineering
- Approved for operating temperatures from –40 °C to +105 °C; the corrugated conduit for high-temperature applications can even be used for temperatures up to +150 °C
- Resistant to mechanical and chemical stresses
- Good weather and UV resistance
- Some versions even satisfy the strict requirements of fire protection regulation EN 45545-2 for rail vehicles
The approved system of corrugated conduits and fittings is available in three versions. The basic variant already achieves type of protection IP 66, while the variant with additional sealing ring satisfies the most demanding requirements of protection ratings IP 68 and IP 69.
Moreover, the PFLITSCH UNI ProTect version provides additional sealing of the cable installed in the corrugated conduit in line with protection rating IP 68 and strain relief for the cable.
PFLITSCH’s principle of ‘soft squeezing’ guarantees maximum protection of the cable and a long service life.
Fittings – Technical data:
- Suitable for all PFLITSCH ProTect corrugated conduits with fine and coarse profile
- Long-lasting shock- and vibration-proof connection
- Very good weather and UV resistance
- Very good chemical resistance to a wide range of acids, alkalis and oils
- Fire class UL94: V0
- Temperature range: –40 °C to +105 °C, briefly up to +150 °C
- Halogen- and cadmium-free
During assembly, the corrugated conduit is locked into the fitting with a conscious locking action, improving the operational reliability of the installation. Unlocking the unit again is just as simple. All fitting parts are captive, so they cannot accidentally fall off and be lost during assembly.
PFLITSCH ProTect is the solution when it comes to cable protection in truly demanding industrial applications. In mechanical and plant engineering, requirements with respect to tread resistance, mechanical and chemical resistance, but also system tightness and long-term stability, are at the very top of the list of requirements.
On the other hand, in the field of automation/robotics, all system components have to be capable of withstanding the extremely dynamic stresses exerted by industrial robots. Properties such as torsional strength, flexibility and abrasion resistance are decisive selection criteria.
In the railway industry, the vast majority of products installed provide reliable protection against external influences such as heat, cold and UV radiation. Special attention is paid to the impact strength of the corrugated conduits and fittings at low temperatures as well as to the fire behaviour of the materials and compliance with fire protection standard EN 45545-2.
- Flyer Corrugated conduit system
- PFLITSCH ProTect product information sheet
- Selection chart corrugated conduits PFLITSCH Protect
- Selection chart fittings PFLITSCH ProTect
Additional information is available in the product search.